Nuritas™ is a Dublin-based biotech company combining artificial intelligence, deep learning and genomics for a complete, disruptive, computational approach to the discovery of natural Bioactive Peptides with extraordinary health benefits. Our first-in-class proprietary platform allows rapid and efficiently target and prediction discovery, and has now unlocked a huge and growing library of patented Bioactive Peptides from plant and animal sources.
We have received global recognition for our innovative technology and impact for future health. This includes winning Innovation Awards and recognition by CB Insights, Forbes, J&J, Cambridge University, the Irish Government and the EU.
Role and responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role will involve all aspects of checks, records, calibration and maintenance within the laboratory, as well as being responsible for the electronic laboratory stock system.
In addition to this the other responsibilities will cover areas such as:
- Temperature records of laboratory equipment (fridges/freezers/incubators).
- Ensuring all laboratory equipment is calibrated, maintained and registered for warranties (including carrying out internal laboratory equipment checks).
- Maintaining stock levels within laboratory (ensuring that consumables are kept at adequate levels). This will include overseeing the electronic laboratory stock system and ordering new consumables/reagents as necessary.
- Compiling and organising a database of all instruction manuals and quality assurance certificates with new laboratory equipment/consumables/kits etc, as well as safety data sheets.
- Being responsible for reviewing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs), including preparation of documentation.
- Performing cell culture work, sample preparation and BCA assays.
- Adhering to safety protocols within the laboratory.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Biological Sciences/Biotechnology or related disciplines.
- 3 years of previous laboratory experience is required in a similar environment
- Cell culture experience is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to work as part of a larger team.
- Time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Industry experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Proactive approach to problem- solving.
How to apply
Submit your CV and Cover letter in a PDF format to [email protected]
Please label your CV according to the following example: James_Smith_CV
Please label your cover letter according to the following example: James_Smith_Cover_Letter