A unique opportunity has arisen to join the fast-paced Nuritas Computer Science Team as a Data Curator. Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] if this looks like the right role for you:
We are seeking a dedicated and extremely motivated Data Curator to join our team here in Nuritas. Working with colleagues to help facilitate improvements to data curation processes and cataloging capabilities.
- The individual will be expected to read a wide range peer-reviewed biological papers across many therapeutic areas and extract and organise applicable information into reports and data sets.
- Process data efficiently and accurately, both manually and automatically.
- Review submissions to our proprietary curation database for quality and relevancy; abstract information in the required formats.
- Identify and acquire new data for inclusion in the database and help determine ways of using the information.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc/MSc in Biology or similar.
- Excellent organisation skills and a keen eye for detail and accuracy with 1-2 years’ experience reading scientific papers across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- Comfortable with python and linux.
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Sharp problem solving and analytical skills, along with ability to learn from history and actively help errors from reoccurring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management.
- Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists.
- Fluent in English both written and oral.