We're building the future of health
Nuritas is dedicated to building a better world through scientific discovery and our team is essential in fulfilling this vision. We’re committed to building a diverse culture centred around our core values: ambition, innovation, collaboration and integrity. In essence, we need, and always will need, smart people.
Nuritas™ is a Dublin-based biotech company revolutionizing the discovery of novel and natural active ingredients with scientifically proven health benefits. Our disruptive approach to discovery provides access to the most health-benefiting components within foods by combining artificial intelligence and DNA analysis to data-mine billions of molecules.
We are recruiting an experienced Laboratory Scientists/Technician that can work well independently and in collaboration to perform complex laboratory and research-related testing and tasks with minimal supervision.
Job will include the following laboratory duties:
- General Molecular biology techniques, cell cultures and bioactivity testing
- Administrative responsibilities including overseeing the management of equipment and suppliers and compliance with regulatory policies, procedures, directives and mandates.
- Training and overseeing the work of research support personnel
- The successful candidate will be working with a team producing, purifying and characterising bioactive peptides produced from food waste streams
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a MSc required in Biology, Microbiology or related field is preferred
- We are looking for someone who can bring their experience and forward thinking in a diverse, fast-moving, growing and innovative company.
- 4-5 years of previous experience is required as a Lab Technician/Lab Scientist
- Routine maintenance of human and animal cell lines
- Toxicity testing
- Dose response curves
- ELISA, colorimetric assays
- Literature search
- Project management and reporting
- Method development/validation
- SOP Generation
- Maintaining stocks of general consumables
- Maintaining lab, equipment and facilities
- Natural ability to problem solve – come up with the solutions
- Exceptional organisation skills and ability to optimise working environment
- Demonstrated capability in project management & building relationships and Ownership of projects
- Possess excellent communication skills
- A team player with strong influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non scientists
How to apply
How to apply Solve our fun problem at http://nuritas.peptify.com:8080/job_test/test?id=Lab_01 and follow the steps to apply for this role.
We are currently recruiting Computational Biologist/Bioinformaticians with an in-depth understanding of biological data and advanced experience in statistics, big data analysis (including machine learning), or other similar fields.
We have 3 roles to include the following responsibilities:
- Integrate pathway analysis tools and machine learning techniques into existing data analysis workflows
- Develop bioinformatics software tools, Interpreting and integrating large scale biological data
- Build rigorous statistical models for ingredient discovery and validation workflow
- Optimise and automate data extraction and integration
- Propose an implement quality control and data quality monitoring procedures
- Update job knowledge and remain current with advances in biology, computer science and bioinformatics
Qualifications & Experience
- M.S. required (PhD preferred) in mathematics or computer science. Experience with biological data including any omics (extra degree in a biological field is appreciated).
- 6+ years’ experience in biological software and algorithm development. Experience in artificial intelligence (including machine learning algorithms) or Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Candidates who were part of inventing/coding recognised publicly available bioinformatics or chemistry software are highly desired
Required Technical Skills
- Algorithmic and Machine Learning techniques (examples include artificial neural networks, boosting, random forests, clustering…)
- Programming: OOP and scripting in many languages (python is a big plus)
- Statistics and R programming
- An understanding of standard bioinformatics tools (protein databases, alignments…)
- Strong background in molecular and cellular biology
- Experienced in structural bioinformatics
- Familiar with molecular dynamics simulations
- Familiar with protein-protein interaction modelling and ligand-receptor interaction modelling in particular
- Familiar with structural alignment techniques
- Familiar with big biological data mining techniques
- Experienced with high-throughput functional genomics data
- Experienced with gene regulation mechanisms, gene expression and transcriptome data analysis
- Experienced with high performance computing
- Experienced in the analysis of complex biological systems such as molecular networks and signaling pathways
- Experienced in the analysis of large-scale changes in cellular processes in response to external stimuli and alterations.
- Experienced with big biological data mining
- Familiar with standardized representations of biological data (BioPAX, SBGN)
- Familiar with software tools to visualize and analyze biological networks
- Hard worker
- Ability to work on big projects as part of a team
- Good organisation and optimisation of working environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines
- Natural ability to problem-solve
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists
How to apply
Solve our fun problem at http://nuritas.peptify.com:8080/job_test/test?id=Bioinformatician_01 and follow the steps to apply for this role
Don’t see a position that fits? If you excel in the areas of Bioinformatics, Computer science, Molecular biology, Mathematics, Clinical design or Project management we’d love to talk.