April 26, 2018
Overview of the company
Nuritas™ is a Dublin-based biotech company revolutionizing the discovery of novel and natural active ingredients with scientifically proven health benefits. Our disruptive approach to discovery provides access to the most health-benefiting components within foods by combining artificial intelligence and DNA analysis to data-mine billions of molecules.
We are recruiting an experienced Molecular Biologist that works well independently and in collaboration to develop multidisciplinary projects and perform complex lab and research-related duties.
We are looking for someone who is a proactive thinker and action orientated scientist and someone who has passion and drive in this area of science.
- The candidate should have extensive experience in general molecular biology techniques, cell cultures, and bioactivity testing. Industry experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Other responsibilities will include project development and planning to ensure milestones and deliverables are defined, monitored and delivered on time.
- Developing and implementing molecular and cell based assays in support of bioactive peptides produced from different food streams
- Developing and troubleshooting various bio-assays.
- Academic research experience highly desirable
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidates must have a PhD in Molecular Biology, Chemistry or related disciplines.
- At least 4-5 years of previous lab experience is required.
- 2+ years of post doc experience also essential
- Ability to design and execute experiments independently.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to develop and follow detailed instructions/Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience in In vitro cell culture.
- Industry experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to Interpret and analyse data.
- Ability to work on big projects as part of a team. – should be able to demonstrate this in an interview.
- Strategic thinker – being proactive rather than just reactive
- Exceptional organisation skills and ability to Optimise working environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists.
- Project management skills
- Project design (Establishing goals, project timelines and priorities)
- Time management.
How to apply
Submit your CV and Cover letter in a PDF format to [email protected]
Please label your CV according to the following example: James_Smith_CV
Please label your cover letter according to the following example: James_Smith_Cover_Letter