April 26, 2018
Overview of role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Scientific Writer to join our expanding Nuritas team for a 6 month contract
The Scientific Writer will work closely with the R&D and Commercial teams at Nuritas to communicate our innovative projects and insights to the external community.
You will collaborate to write compelling reports, manuscripts for scientific publications and other projects as needed.
This exciting role will allow you to meet communication challenges, contribute scientific knowledge, learn from passionate coworkers, and help us in our end goal of transforming millions of lives in finding solutions to the biggest disease epidemics in the world
In this role, you will be able to apply your scientific expertise and writing skills to an attractively complex family of biological molecules and become a key part of our exciting scientific discoveries.
Develop your skills as a Scientific Writer at Nuritas and join our team!
Responsibilities to include:
- Research, co-ordinate and prepare grant and funding applications
- Prepare abstracts, posters and slide sets from clinical and laboratory data and from interaction with various team members.
- You will use scientific expertise to develop high-quality, publication-ready scientific documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, slide kits, short communications, etc.)
- Research and review updates in the scientific literature especially in fields related to Nuritas research projects
- Participate in team meetings and actively share insight and expertise
- Follow and track research milestones for assigned projects.
- Research, write and edit scientific content for journal publications and reports.
- Research and understand scientific papers, reports, journals, other internet sources
- Analyse, interpret and communicate scientific research with clarity and precision.
- Pulling together different data sources to create a story (Lab, computational, Clinical etc)
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD (Life Sciences) or Research MSc with excellent understanding of clinical research and medical communication
- Grant writing, preparation and submission experience essential
- Publication experience essential, particularly as first author on peer reviewed published papers, demonstrating the majority writing responsibility and co-ordination of submission.
- Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Knowledge of statistics with proficiency in R, Matlab or similar required
- Industry experience in a similar role desirable
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities. Ability to quickly grasp unfamiliar subject matter.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines
- Excellent written and oral English
- Hard worker
- Ability to work on multiple big projects and overlapping deadlines
- Excellent organisation and prioritization skills
- Natural ability to problem-solve
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists
How to apply
Submit your CV and Cover letter in a PDF format to [email protected]
Please label your CV according to the following example: James_Smith_CV
Please label your cover letter according to the following example: James_Smith_Cover_Letter